Armenoid or assyroid race.



Hey guys,
    In today's post, I would like to talk about the Armenoid or Assyroid race. If you read my previous posts, you would know that I'm very interested in my heritage and Armenian culture in general. Recently I started reading different articles, forums, books on the Internet concerning Physical Anthropology. I think it's such an interesting subject, if there were schools teaching Physical Anthropology in Ukraine, I would definitely try to get in and get a degree in this field. But unfortunately, the nearest University with a department of Physical Anthropology is in Russia.
    I have always enjoyed watching people, studying their features, that's one of the reasons why I like drawing people's portraits. The way we look can say a lot about where our ancestors come from. So a few days ago I registered on one of the anthropological websites and posted my pictures for people to guess my race and nationality. Some people got it right but the majority thought that I was East Mediterranean (Greek, Albanian, Boulgarian, etc.) Some people thought I was an Iranid which I might be since my dad's side of the family is from Isfahan, Iran.  After making a little research, I came to a conclusion that I am mostly an Armenoid type but I also fall into an Iranid type. Now you are probably asking me who are these Armenoids?
   The Armenoid or Assyroid race is a subtype of the Caucasian race. According to Carleton S. Coon, this race is very similar to a Dinaric race. Armenoid race is found throughout Eurasia, it's prevalent in Armenia, Georgia, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria. I have also seen some articles where it's called "The Hitties race" and "Cappadocian race".  Armenoid race predominates in many Jews, Georgians, Armenians, Assyrians, and even Kurds.
    Some scientists describe Armenoids as "relatively tall, usually with medium to dark brown or black hair, light to medium skin colour, large round eyes that were usually brown; a round, brachycephalic head shape with a straight backing, high cheekbones and non-prominent chins. Lips were full, and noses were sometimes aquiline. Large minority of Armenoids have blond hair and blue, green, or hazel eyes."
Renato Biasutti described the Armenoid race as having: "Opaque-white skin, brunet hair and eyes, abundant pilosity; medium stature, sturdy body build; wide head with rounded occiput; very long face, straight and narrow nose with high bridge; thin lips, narrow eye opening."
    According to Joseph Deniker "The characteristic Jewish nose of caricature is an Assyroid nose; it is almost always associated with united eyebrows and thick lower lip."
    Here are some pictures demonstrating the Armenoid/Assyroid race.



Here is my picture. I think I bear the majority of Armenoid traits. I have dark brown wavy hair, hazel/light brown eyes, light skin color. I have high cheekbones, a thin nose with a small bump, a small chin, full lips and almond eyes. I am not  brachycephalic though, I'm quite dolichocephalic (have a longer skull structure).  And I also don't have some other characteristics which I mentioned earlier.








My family members are good examples of Armenoids/Assyroids.



I think the ancient Assyrian artwork gives a good illustration of what the Assyrian race looked like. 

 On a final note, I want to say that I'm proud to be a part of this race and where I come from. And I hope to pass this pride and knowledge to my future generations. But I also want to make it clear that as a Christian, I believe that we are all children of God and all people are the same before God. "For there is no partiality with God" Romans 2:11
Well, have a good day, everyone!
Love, Shushanna.

Комментарии

  1. You are so gorgeous. Love your style so much. Please follow my blog...

    ♥Love from Antalya, Turkey♥

    http://antalya-magnificent-city.blogspot.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. thanks girls! I appreciate your sweet comments ;))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. WITHOUT THE ARMENOID NOSE,EYES AND EYELASHES,THERE WILL BE NO BEAUTY IN THE CAUCASOID WORLD.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. Этот комментарий был удален автором.

    ОтветитьУдалить

Отправить комментарий

Популярные сообщения