A tribute to my mother.

  The other day I was looking at old photo-albums and looked at some of my mother's old pictures. She used to take a lot of pictures of herself when she was young. I think I got it from her. haha I also like taking pictures of myself.  I think life is very short and youth is even shorter. So I want to capture my youthfulness so that I can pass these memories to my future generations.
When I look at my mom's older pictures, she reminds me of Old Hollywood starts like Ava Gardner, Vivien Leigh, Catherine Hepburn (I think I have mentioned it in one of my posts). If she grew up in a different place and in other circumstances, I'm sure she could have become a model or a dancer like she always dreamed (she used to take dancing classes for a long time when she was younger).
 A couple of weeks ago I posted this picture of myself and my mom (when she was my age) on my facebook page. I think in this picture I resemble her a lot. Although I don't think I look like her. She was a true beauty while I have average looks. I do have her high cheekbones and her hair though.


   But other than being beautiful on the outside, she is even more beautiful on the inside. I look up to her a lot and wish to be more like her. My mom is the most outgoing and sociable person I know. She knows pretty much everyone in our area, she knows when everyone's birthdays are. Whenever my mom and I go out, we'll spend at least 30 minutes talking to different people she meets on the way. And I often complain about it because I'm such an introvert. haha Whenever she comes into a room, people always notice her. She has a very strong presence.
   Another thing that people notice about her is her generosity. She would help anyone she can. And even at times when we had financial difficulties and were going through hard times, she would still help people.
My mom is such a lady, she has a lot of old-fashioned values and is rather conservative.  I think the way I am today has a lot to do with my mother.
  So don't forget to tell your parents how much you love them. Unfortunately, the ones we love won't always be with us, so Carpe diem and build memories with your family.
Love,
Shushanna.


Комментарии

Популярные сообщения